Influvax : Each vial contains 0.5 ml Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (Split Virion) BP containing A/California/7/2009 (H1N1 strain) ≥ 15 µg of haemagglutinin, A/Texas/50/2012 (H3N2 strain) ≥ 15 µg of haemagglutinin, B/Massachusetts/2/2012 strain ≥ 15 µg of haemagglutinin. This vaccine complies with the WHO recommendations for the 2014/2015-Northern Hemisphere flu season.
Influvax for intramuscular use, is a sterile suspension prepared from influenza virus propagated in embryonated chicken eggs and thus processed through cultivation, harvest, inactivation and purification.
Influvax is recommended for adults and children from six months and above, especially those having high risk of associated complications, such as children, senior citizens, those who are susceptible and those who are in influenza epidemic areas.
The vaccine can induce body to generate immunoreaction against influenza virus and can be used for prevention of infection caused by influenza virus.
Dosage and Administration:
Dosage: Adult and children over 3 years of age: one dose of 0.5 ml.
Children from 6 to 36 months of age: one dose of 0.25 ml.
For children who have not previously been vaccinated, a second dose should be given after an interval of at least 4 weeks.
Administration: Intramuscular injection (IM) on deltoid.
Influvax should be administered before the beginning of the influenza season or as required by the epidemiological situation. Vaccination should be repeated every year with an age-appropriate dose of vaccine of updated antigen composition.
1. Do not use in case that there is any crack in the container, the vaccine is degenerative, or there is big mass that cannot be disappeared by shaking.
2. Administration must not be via vascular route.
3. This product should be stored at places out of reach by children.
4. Shake well before use. Do not shake vigorously.
5. It should be used cautiously for patient with hypersensitivity history.
6. It should not be mixed with other vaccines in the same container.
7. As with all injectable vaccines, appropriate medical treatment and supervision should always be readily available in case of a rare anaphylactic event following the administration of the vaccine.
8. Application of immunosuppressors may decrease or inhibit immunization reactions. Person who is administrated globulin should be vaccinated the vaccine 1 month later.
As with all medicinal products this product may cause undesirable effects. Local reactions: redness, swelling, pain, induration. Sytemical reactions: fever, dizziness, shivering, fatigue, sweating, myalgia, arthralgia, pruritus, rash, headache. These reactions usually disappear within one or two days without treatment. Reactions such as shock and eclampsia, vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels) with transient renal involvement, neurological disorders are rarely seen. If any unmentioned discomfort appeared, please seek medical help.
Influenza vaccine should not be given to individuals with Guillain-Barre syndrome, bleeding disorder. Natural latex rubber of plunger stopper of the syringe has been associate with allergic reactions. Immunocompromised persons may not obtain the expected immune response. As with any vaccine, immunization with influenza vaccine may not protect 100% of susceptible individuals.
Do not use the product if your child and yourself currently have: fever, acute disease and colds, acute paroxysm of any chronic disease, an allergy to any component of Influvax, especially egg or chicken protein.
Use in Pregnancy and Lactation:
Influenza vaccine should be used during pregnancy only when clearly needed and possible advantages outweigh the potential risk of fetus.
There is no known contra-indication to the use of Influenza vaccine during lactation.
Store at temperature between +2 °C to +8 °C. Store in the original package to protect from light. Do not freeze. Freezing destroys activity. Do not use vaccine which has been frozen.
Influvax : Each box contains 1 vial of Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (Split Virion) BP and one sterile disposable syringe.