Research & Development Facility
Incepta Vaccine Ltd has state of the art Research and Development facility with 35 scientists who are working round the clock for developing product first in class and best in class. The facility is equipped with modern technology and laboratory settings for new vaccine production.
The facility is divided in 4 parts:
- Bacterial R&D area- Divided in infectious and non-infectious area.
- Viral R&D area – Divided in infectious and non-infectious area.
- Formulation Area
- Common area – This include washing and sterilization area, decontamination area, chemical store and dispensing area and cell bank storage area
Total clean, controlled area in R&D is 10,000 square feet. Each area is provided with dedicated independent HVAC system with various classified rooms. The AHUs are qualified as per WHO guidelines with double Bag in Bag out system along with double HEPA filters.
R&D facility has the following activities:
- Cell banking and characterization – Bacterial cells and Virus cell lines
- Fermentation of wild or recombinant bacteria.
- Fermentation of yeasts
- Cultivation of cell lines and viruses
- Purification of proteins and polysaccharide
- Purification of viruses by removing host cell contaminants.
- Conjugation of polysaccharide with carrier proteins
Following critical equipments are working in R&D centre -
- Fermenters with capacity of 5 liter to 16 Liter.- These are like airplanes for vaccine production. They are imported from world best companies Bioengineering and New Brunswick.
- TFF system
- Glucose analyzer
- Akta chromatography system
- Roller bottle apparatus
- Refrigerated high speed centrifuge
- CO2 incubators
- Biosafety cabinets
- Fume hood
- Virus counting IZON machine
- Hollow fibre Flex Stand System
- UV Gel Doc System
- Other general lab equipments
The facility is capable to work with any wild bacteria up to Biosafety Class 2 and virus up to Biosafety Class 3. The facility is designed so as to purify any protein or polysaccharide and use it as an antigen.
R&D Product pipeline
- Cell culture derived inactivated rabies vaccine
- Haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate vaccine
- Typhoid polysaccharide & conjugate vaccine
- Meningococcal (A, C, Y and W-135) polysaccharide and conjugate vaccine
- 13 valent Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
- Hepatitis B recombinant vaccine
- Oral cholera vaccine
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Inactivated polio vaccine
- Diphtheria vaccine
- Pertussis vaccine