Each dose of vaccine contains live, attenuated Avian Fowl Pox Disease Virus NLT 102.0 EID50.
HenPox vet vaccine is a live vaccine for the immunization of chickens and turkeys against Fowl Pox. The vaccine contains live, attenuated Avian Fowl Pox Disease Virus. The Embryonated specific-pathogen-free (SPF) eggs were used in the production of the vaccine.
Indicated for the immunization of healthy chickens and turkeys against Fowl Pox.
Dosage and Administration:
Administer one dose reconstituted vaccine by wing-web method in chickens at 6-8 weeks of age or older and in turkeys at 8 weeks of age or older by thigh-stab application. A booster dose should be repeated at 12-14 weeks of age to get better performance. Do not vaccinate 35 days prior to onset and during egg production.
Or as directed by the registered Veterinarian.
Preparation of vaccine
• Remove the aluminium seal and rubber stopper from the vaccine vial and diluents vial.
• Use 5 ml and 10 ml diluents for 500 doses and 1000 doses vaccine respectively.
• For 500 and 1000 doses: Use the supplied connector to connect the AV Diluents vet for Henpox vet
vaccine vial to the freeze-dried live vaccine and mix well at ratio of 500 doses/5 ml and 1000 doses/10 ml.
• Pour reconstituted vaccine into diluents vial, attach rubber stopper and shake well. This vaccine is now
ready to us .
• Dip the supplied two-pronged needle applicator into the reconstituted vaccine.
• Pierce the web of the exposed wing with the charged applicator.
• Dip the applicator before each application.
• Avoid hitting blood vessels, bone and the wing muscles.
• Dip the supplied two-pronged needle applicator into the reconstituted vaccine and stab into the thigh muscle.
• Dip the applicator before each stab.
• Be careful not to pierce the tendons but go deep enough to break skin.
Method for checking “Takes”
At about 7-10 days following vaccination, poultry should be examined for “takes” (swelling of the skin with scab formation at the point of vaccination). “Takes” generally disappear 2 weeks following vaccination.
Checking post vaccination “takes” is the best method of checking immunity. Revaccinate the poultry that do not show “takes”.
This vaccine is generally well tolerated.
• Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
• All the chickens on the same shed should be vaccinated at the same time.
• Administer one dose vaccine per chicken.
• Reconstituted vaccine should be used within 2 hours.
• Use the entire vaccine when first opened.
• Do not mix with other vaccines.
• Disposal of all opened vaccine vials remaining after vaccination.
This vaccine is not recommended for the chickens that are clinically sick or under condition of severe stress. Sick or weak chickens will not develop adequate immunity following vaccination.
Protect from light, store at 2-8 oC and do not freeze. Keep out of the reach of children.
HenPox vet 500 doses: Each box contains 6 vials of 500 doses.
HenPox vet 1000 doses: Each box contains 6 vials of 1000 doses.